Apple Watch, a sensation for the iOS device holders, is like a blessing with which people can perform almost every task which they use to do with their iOS device. But, there is something much more interesting in the Apple Watch. The Watch is a friend cum trainer for the fitness freaks. Yes, you heard it right! The Watch offers the opportunity to the users for settings up the goals in the watch to achieve fitness.
Do you want to know more about it? The guide explains the process to set the Calorie goals and view the reports about your performance in the fitness tasks. So don’t wait anymore and prepare to challenge yourself every day with new fitness goals to achieve using the Apple Watch tied on your wrist.
Here is how to Set Workout Goals on Apple Watch
Adjusting Calories Goal
With Apple Watch, you can adjust the calorie goals, though you might not be able to change the exercise goals.
- Open the Activity app on Apple Watch.
- Tap softly on the screen.
- Tap the Change Move Goal option.
- Now you can adjust the goals by pressing the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons.
- When you have set your calorie goals, tap Update.
- Now your calorie goals are updated.
View Activity Progress
The Activity Progress records everything and shows you the performance of your task. In other words, the Activity Progress feature shows you the efforts you have been putting to reach the set goal.
- Open the Activity Progress app in your Apple Watch.
- Now scroll down and view the activity reports.
- The feature will calculate the rate of efforts and show you the work progress with statistics. If it is difficult for you to check the reports of your performance, you can refer the Activity App on your iPhone as well.
View Activity Weekly Summary
The Watch gives the weekly summary and reports to show the results of performance and exercise in the past week. You view the weekly summary anytime on your Apple Watch.
- Open the Activity app.
- Now press the screen of the Watch to bring a menu.
- Select the Weekly Summary and view your reports of the week.
Checking the Step Count
Apple Watch does not keep the tracks of your steps, but you can check it anytime in the Watch.
- Open Activity app on Apple Watch.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the section.
- There you will see the Total Steps taken to cover the Total Distance.
View the Progress History
- Open the Activity App on your iPhone.
- Now tap History button from the lower left corner.
- Select a specific day and view the progress of your activity.
- To save the image of your progress, go to the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Share button.
- Tap Save Image icon.
View the Achievements
The Activity app has a section which keeps you motivated by recording the reports and the achievements as well. The app will let you know about the achievements you received.
- Open Activity app on your iPhone.
- Scroll to down at the bottom to Achievement.
- Tap to open it.
- Select to open any Achievement symbol and view.
Disable Activity Notification, Achievement Alerts, Stand Reminders
- Open the Watch app in your iOS device.
- Select the My Watch section and tap to open it.
- Now go to Activity and toggle off the buttons for Stand Reminders and Daily Coaching.
And that is it. You know how to use and set workout goals on your Apple Watch. So don’t be lazy and set your Calorie goals to achieve them by putting loads of efforts. Hopefully, you will burn the Calories now by meeting the set goals in your Watch.
Rick Martin is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup